In my “middle-of-the-week-of-this-crazed-hyperactivity-that-is-my-life” tradition, I lay out the things that I see each day that I know are gifts from God…soft, sweet kisses to my cheeks. If you want more info on what this is, where I got the idea from or why I am doing it, you should start with my first post on Grace Gifts here.
And now, on with the show:
52. California’s version of fall and the clouds that it brings along for the ride…
53. Looking through all the pics on my computer and seeing some of me that make me admit that I really have lost weight
(…and the answer is NO…I won’t post them. Maybe one day soon a loss of pride will make it on the list, but that day surely it isn’t today.)
54. Being crowded onto a bed with all my girlies watching Biggest Loser even tho TV was supposed to be off limits till the weekend (ya ya, I know…yesterday and then again today…am 0 for 2…but who really cares?!?!)
55. Not having a migraine today.
56. Page-long, handwritten love notes from my amazing 11 year old son that end with the words “I hope you don’t forget that I love you so much and I would hate to lose you
!” Not sure what I did to deserve such a young man, but I thank God for him.
57. A renewed and recharged relationship with my beautiful mother…for being able to truly love her with all my heart for the first time in a very long time AND for getting to go to lunch with her today. God is good! (Here she is in her late 20’s…Julia Robert’s smile and all!)
58. Phone calls that begin with: “Duju want a burrito?” *sigh*
59. Getting to hear from God’s heart, even if it does sting mine just a bit…
60. Going to the mailbox only to find a heart-warming, tear-inducing, praising-God gift from a dear friend all the way across the USA…
They are simple…some make me laugh and some make me take a deep breath…but all are lovely and pure…all are excellent and true…all are real. They are the blessings that make up my life…they are my the physical showing of grace from God’s hand….and they cause my cup to run over!
What are yours today?
Listening to my husband sneeze while he tries to convince me that he isn’t sick while looking up as always…