In my “middle-of-the-week-of-this-crazed-hyperactivity-that-is-my-life” tradition, I lay out the things that I see each day that I know are gifts from God…soft, sweet kisses to my cheeks. If you want more info on this is or why I do it, you should start with my first post on Grace Gifts here.
And now, on with the show:
41. FALL: Cold winds. Dark clouds. Smell of rain. Sound of leaves rustling on the ground. The need for jackets in the morning and a blanket at night. *sigh*
42. The gift of leftover firewood for use on a nippy evening.
43. Knowing that I was missed while I was gone for 2 days:
44. The warmth of my husband’s shoulder when my heart is breaking.
45. The blessing of retreat…tears, laughter, food…bliss.
46. Getting to sleep in a cabin full of women who are over-tired, over-fed, maxed out on sugar, much too loud and, because delirious, willing to put goop on the neighboring cabin’s door handle and then feign innocence. And then, once clear, sneaking over to run into their darkened room, just as they start to sleep, to snap pictures of them…and then run, hoping to not get caught, back into our room.
47. Having the occupants of said neighboring cabin force their way into ours as they shut off the lights in order to pelt us with silly string in the blackness that comes at 1 am up in the mountains.
48. Watching the videos from said attacks that were taken on my camera…hee hee
49. “I love you, Mommy…even if you are grumpy today.”
They are simple…some make me laugh and some make me take a deep breath…but all are lovely and pure…all are excellent and true…all are real. They are the blessings that make up my life…they are my the physical showing of grace from God’s hand….and they cause my cup to run over!
What are yours?