>Grace…the focus of my heart’s adoration today.
Love got us noticed from heaven.
Mercy saved us from the sentence of our sin.
But grace is the continual gift from the hand of the Father to us, the sheep that are His and that follow the soft whispers of His voice.
As I was looking around on the blogger a few days back, I came across a link for a Gratitude Community on a blog called Holy Experience. It isn’t a complicated thing…it is simply taking the time to list things that I am grateful for…big or small…complicated or simple…just to be dedicated to taking the time to stop and be thankful for the gifts that pour from His grace…
The goal? Get to 1,000 blessings…by counting them one by one.
I have decided to make this addition to my blog…not so much for you, although I pray God can somehow use it your life, but for me…as a visual and time consuming reminder to just STOP…and focus on Him. I am going to do this once a week…usually on Wednesdays, as I move thru the middle of our usually crazy week towards the weekend.
I want and need to be deliberate in taking some time each week to list those things in my life that I have noticed…things that remind me of what I need to focus on…
Finally, brothers, whatever is true,
whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—
think about such things.
I give a name to the blessings that come from God and I am using one that invokes immediate thoughts of happiness and joy for me… And so, this week, I am thankful for these “grace gifts” in my life:
1. The TV…for without it, I wouldn’t get to hear my husband yell “Come on!!!” at sports teams who, obviously, can’t hear his helpful couch coaching.
2. Bedtime…because of the giggles, the hugs and prayers…and the silence that falls soon after!
3. Friendship…always ready, open and willing
4. Laughter…as it always clears the cobwebs from my heart
5. Reeses Stix…chocolate, wafers and peanut butter…nuff said
6. A laptop because sitting on the couch is oh so much more comfy!
7. Foggy OC mornings…where’d the world go?
8. Dancing our way to school with TobyMac in the mornings.
(…she’s doing the dance where one hand brings the knee up while the other brings the head down.. Doesn’t translate well on pic, but it sure made me laugh out loud this morning!!)
9. Text messages… GEORGE!!!
10. “But, but…what about me???” moments that cause self-pics to be snapped on mom’s cell
11. Sunset…because it means that today is done and tomorrow’s blessings are just an eye close away!
12.The normally sweet voice stating so clearly: “Let’s kill the poptart!!”
13. Hairbrushing issues on the drive….
They are simple…some make me laugh and some make me take a deep breath…but all are lovely and pure…all are excellent and true…all are real. They are the blessings that make up my life…they are my the physical showing of grace from God’s hand….and they cause my cup to run over!
What are yours?
Listening to my hubby cheer for the Angels while looking up as always…