It was the year 2000 when God reached down and changed the course of my life. I was a 24 year old divorcee with three children. I was living with my parents…again… I was dead inside, having walked away from the grace and mercy of God’s saving grace…not intentionally, but just in the way I was living my life. I was a little girl, playing grown-up…but with all the real life pressures that came with the “adult” title. I was a complete and total mess trying to pretend that I was ok. I was lost.
God did a lot that year to get my attention:
* He gave me friends that made me smile…and not just smile on the outside, but really smile with all my heart and soul.
* He gave me a church that was warm and safe enough for me to drop the walls of self-protection just long enough to hear His call to my heart.
* He gave my heart a desire to really live.
* He began to re-introduced my soul to interaction, feelings and love.
* And, last but most certainly not least, He gave me a man that swept into my life like a whirlwind… This man carried enough love, laughter, life and faith in his heart to take on not only the cracked pot that I was, but also to take on the care and feeding of my three babies. He was my prince in shining armor sent from heaven above…and as he strolled into my life, he carried on his arm a precious little girl with a contagious smile and the biggest brown eyes I had ever seen.